Home Insurance

Protect the home where your beloved family laughs and grows.

A Home Insurance Policy That Works For You

Whether you live in a house or a condo, whether you own or are renting the place you live in, we have the policy you are looking for.

Open All / Close All

Detached Homes

Owning a home is a sizeable investment. That’s why it makes sense to get homeowners insurance to protect it from unforeseen events. Home insurance isn’t legally required, like car insurance, but most property owners want peace of mind in case of disaster. Anything can happen, from fire and water, to burglary. Plus, it is contractually required by mortgage companies.

Home insurance typically covers you for damage to the building and detached structures on your property (such as a shed or garage), theft or damage of contents inside the home and personal liability if someone injures themselves while visiting. Home insurance policies will also cover living expenses if you’re forced to leave your home due to an insured loss or damage.

Most home insurance companies also offer a range of optional coverages, so you can choose the package that best suits you. With general coverage, you should be able to get comprehensive insurance at an affordable price, including sub-limits for specialty items like jewelry. You also have the option to schedule your jewelry.

The main benefit of home insurance is that if something happens to your home or belongings, you don’t have to pay out a large sum of money all at once. By paying the insurance company an annual premium for the policy, they’re the ones who will pick up the cost of replacing your home or belongings, not you!

Condominiums & Townhouses

Insurance for a condominium is slightly different than for a standalone house. When you buy a condominium, it’s considered strata unit ownership. This means that you own your own unit and you own a share in the common property of the building. Condo insurance, therefore, takes the form of two separate policies. One for a unit owner, and one for the common strata corporation.

Insurance for the condo corporation provides general cover for damage to the building, the common property around it, and the common areas inside the building (the lobby, elevator, swimming pool, etc). You pay for this insurance within your monthly strata fee due to your property manager.

Individual unit owners should purchase condo insurance to cover their personal belongings (furniture, appliances, clothing etc.) that is not insured by the common strata insurance policy. Personal condo insurance will also cover you for additional living expenses and third-party liability.

Sometimes, the common condo corporation insurance has a very high deductible, up to $100,000. This means that if you cause a loss, you would be responsible to pay the $100,000 deductible. Within a personal insurance policy, coverage for this strata deductible is available to cover this deductible on your behalf.

Rental properties

As a landlord, you need rental property insurance to protect your investment. Whether it’s a condo, or a detached house, you’ll want to know you at least have your home and rental income covered in case of an insured loss.

Rental property insurance policies are similar to a home insurance policy, butare designed specifically for landlords. In general, landlord insurance coverage includes:

  • Detached homes – cover for the building itself and damage to the interior
  • Condos – cover for unit improvements and contents not included in condo corporation insurance
  • Cover for bodily injury liability, such as accidents that happen on your premises to your tenants and their visitors
  • Cover for lost rent, in the event of an insured loss.

Always make sure that you’re receiving the appropriate policy for your situation. Not all in landlord insurance policies are created the same, so it pays to choose the best policy for you.

Tenant Insurance

If you were unable to work due to an injury or accident causing disability, then how would you pay your mortgage, your bills, and take care of your family? You may have sick leave for several months, but what if you need much longer to recover?

Disability Insurance provides peace of mind that, in the event of disability, you will have a monthly stipend to replace a portion of your salary, whether it’s a short-term disability, or a long-term disability.

Even though there are government plans, such as worker’s compensation or Employment Insurance benefits, the scope of these plans is quite limited in terms of coverage and payout amounts. They may not cover you for all your needs.

Taking out a personal Disability Insurance policy will provide you and your family with living expenses if your disability prohibits you from working. It’s also a good type of insurance to get if you’re self-employed, or aren’t part of group disability plan with your employer.

Keep in mind that your Disability Insurance premium is directly affected by your age, gender, lifestyle (ie. whether you smoke, drink, or exercise), and your type of occupation.

Get a Quote now

Clear & Easy to Understand

Our agents will explain details of your insurance policy step by step. You will understand how to protect your home and furniture.

Fast and Convenient

Buying insurance is simple and the transaction can be completed by telephone and email.

Spend only on the coverages you need

Don’t buy unnecessary coverages and pay for additional costs. Our agents break down coverage options for you to choose from.

Protect your home from special risks

Some locations are in special risk zones such as flood, wildfire, earthquake, and hail. If your property is located in these zones, you could protect your house with special coverages.

Reliable service

Among survey participants, 95% of our current customers trust our service and insurance agents. They feel cared for and protected when they need to make a claim.

Our Clients Say